Travis Unified School District

Reaching beyond the boundaries to build a community of learners

How do I enroll my child in the Travis Unified School District?


1.  Date and Deadlines

2016-17 Registration

Travis Unified School District will begin registration for Transitional Kindergarten (TK), Kindergarten and new students on Monday, March 14, 2016.  Registration Kick-Off week will take place between March 14 – March 18 during the hours of 9:30-11:00 and 1:00-3:00 at the school of residence.  Ongoing registration will take place during office hours at your child’s school of residence.  For further information, please feel free to contact your child’s school of residence directly, contact the Travis USD Student Services office at 707-437-4604 x1114 or scroll down for more details.  Registration forms can be downloaded from the "Forms" link on the "Student Services" page, under the "Departments" tab, and returned to the school at registration.

Transitional Kindergarten & Kindergarten Kick-Off

Dates:                        March 14-March 18   

Times:                       9:30-11:00 & 1:00-3:00

Location:                   School of Residence

Transitional Kindergarten, Kindergarten & New Student Registration

Dates:                        March 14 – Ongoing

Time & Location:     Contact your School of Residence


2. Age Requirements

Transitional Kindergarten (TK)

Children who will be five years old between September 2, 2016 and December 2, 2016 are eligible to enroll in Transitional Kindergarten, and will be eligible to register for Kindergarten in the spring of 2017 for the 2017-18 school year.


Children who will be five years of age on or before September 1, 2016 may be enrolled to attend Kindergarten, which will begin on Wednesday, August 17, 2016.  Children who will turn five years old after September 1, 2016 will be eligible to register for Kindergarten in the spring of 2017 for the 2017-18 school year.


3. Find your school

Transitional Kindergarten

Transitional Kindergarten classes are currently located at Travis Elementary and Cambridge Elementary for the 2015-16 school year.  Locations for Transitional Kindergarten each year are dependent on enrollment and facility factors and are subject to change or adjust each year.  We encourage parents to enroll their Transitional Kindergarten eligible students as soon as possible.  To find more information about Transitional Kindergarten, click here.

Elementary Schools

Please use our school locator to find the elementary school your children in kindergarten through sixth grade will attend.  For information about enrolling your child in an elementary school other than your neighborhood school, please see the information about Intradistrict Open Enrollments.

Middle School

All students in grades 7 and 8 attend Golden West Middle School.

High School

All students in grades 9-12 attend Vanden High School.

Alternative Education

If your child is currently enrolled in an alternative education program, or if you feel an alternative education program would be best for your child, please contact Travis Education Center.  We have an alternative education high school, Travis Education Center (TEC), for students who may benefit from a smaller setting, wish to graduate early, or who need to make up credits.  For more information about TEC, please view the school brochure. We also have Travis Community Day School for students who need an alternative to comprehensive middle and high schools.

Interdistrict Transfers

If you do not live within district boundaries, but wish to attend our schools, please see the information about interdistrict transfers.


4.  Complete the registration form (and physical form if needed)   

You can pick up a Student Registration Form at the school office or download the Student Registration Form from the "Forms" link on the "Student Services" page, under the "Departments" tab.  Please fill it out and return it to the school when you register your child.

A physical examination is required of all students entering school for the first time.  The physical must be completed after the child is four-and-a-half years old.  The physical form may be downloaded here or picked up at the school office. 


5.  Register at your child's school

You should expect to provide the following items to register your child:

  1. Birth certificate or other proof of child's age
  2. Child's immunization (shot) records
    (SB277 requires that immunizations be completed prior to beginning/attending school for all students)

More information about required immunizations for all new students, all 7th graders and any student who previously had a personal exemption (SB277) may be found on the Health Services page.

  1. Proof of Address and Residency
    Proof of residency for new students includes providing (2) separate documents which may include current utility bills, within the last 30 days (PG&E, Garbage, Water or Cable).

Please NOTE: Active Duty Military families living on base or recently moving on base may be allowed to provide approved alternative proof of residency, (Cable TV, DirectTV, renter's insurance or phone bill.)

  1. Physical form for all students entering school for the first time.  The physical form may be downloaded here or picked up at the school office.
  2. Completed registration form which may be picked up at your child's school office.

·       For children in grades 1-12, please bring a copy of your child's last report card or high school transcript. 

Please contact Student Services or your school's office staff or principal to find out about special provisions for the registration of homeless students and foster youth. 

Special registration information for active duty military families may be found here